This valuable information will assist counselors in helping students plan their education and career paths. Counselors can help students identify their interests, provide information to parents about colleges and financial aid, and share tips for success in school.
- Counselors, guide your students in planning their education and career paths for ultimate success!
- Sample Four Year Education Plans (Class of 2016) [PDF] [DOC] [DOCX] - Outlines courses for careers within each cluster.
- Sample Four Year Education Plans (Class of 2017+) - Outlines courses for careers within each cluster.
- Alabama Financial Aid Toolkit 2013
- Counselor Brochures
- Alabama SUCCESS Guides
- EDUCATEAlabama Guidance Counselor Continuum 2010 [PDF]
- Alabama College Application Campaign
- Counselors and career development professionals are encouraged to apply for the ACTE Career Guidance Award.
- A Student's Education Plan: The Why, When, What and How of Its Development
- Financial Aid & FAFSA Podcasts
- FERPA: This document outlines the latest ruling and interpretation on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. [PDF]
- School Counseling Programs in Alabama: An Overview of Program Support and Updates for the ALSDE – Meg Smith, ALCA Fall Conference 2014 [PPTX]
- Alabama College Application Campaign
Financial Aid Toolkit
Financial Aid Toolkit: This toolkit consolidates Federal Student Aid resources into one easily accessible website.
This is a website always under development for use with students exploring careers. There are brief 4 to 7 minute videos of people demonstrating and discussing their careers. If a career is not there let the website developer at the link know and they will get that career video as soon as possible.
Character Counts website includes lesson plans for both elementary and secondary levels, tips for parents (in both English and Spanish), and tips for sustaining your momentum. Keep your commitment to character alive 52 weeks a year!
ACT's New Registration Requirements
Important information for school counselors.
This link is to the occupational videos developed by the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations. These short videos feature real people talking about real jobs in Alabama.
Occupational Posters and Guides
This link connects to the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations website to order occupation posters and occupational guides to download and share with students.
Careers in Occupational Safety
The Career Guide to the Safety Profession is a great resource for those who want to make a real difference in safety in the United States and around the world. The guide provides an excellent overview of the challenging careers available to safety professionals.
Stop Bullying in Alabama
The Alabama Department of Education portal for Anti-Bullying resources for Alabama Educators, Parents and Students
Affording Higher Education
Affording Higher Education is a book of financial aid programs for Alabama students pursuing a higher education.
A great resource for information about Alabama colleges and universities at a glance.
Youth Explore Career Information From the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Exploring Career Information provides introductory career information for students. Students can learn about job duties, working conditions, and training requirements.
Student Aid on the Web
This portal is your source for free information from the US Department of Education on preparing for and funding education beyond high school.
Free US Department of Education Publications
This is the order page for free publications for middle and high school levels on College Preparation from the US Department of Education.
7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
A student's guide to the free application for federal student aid. This site includes a great video tutorial.
Federal Government Student Aid
StudentAid.ed.gov is a Student Aid website sponsored by the Federal Government. It contains information about paying for college, college admission, selecting the right school for you and much more.